Hawthorne Cougar Code of Conduct
Cougars are required to:
- Obey all district, school and class rules.
- Attend school every day and arrive on time to all classes.
- Carry their school I.D. and planner at all times. They must show it when required/requested to do so.
- Remain in class unless issued a valid hall permit.
- Excuse absences per school attendance policy.
- Dress, act, and speak in a respectful manner.
- Keep our campus clean by disposing of trash properly.
Cougars may not bring to school:
- Weapons, narcotics, tobacco, alcohol, matches, lighters, marking pens, acrylic paint, cards, dice or other gambling items, or any other item or substance that is defined in the Education Code and Penal Code.
- Electronic devices that are not classroom related (ie CD or MP3 players, headphones, walkie-talkies, handheld games, pagers, text messaging devices, etc.).
Consequences for non-Cougar behavior:
Failure to adhere to any school policy will result in disciplinary action as defined in the Hawthorne High Discipline Policy.