If you wish to have an announcement over the PA, please email Mr. Hughes by 1:00 pm the day before the announcement is to be made. All requests should come from staff only. Please make sure to include the date you wish the announcement to be read and the word "announcement" in the subject.
We would like to advertise your event, meeting, speaker, club happenings, organizational successes, and general information for all of the students and staff during our morning announcements. Announcements are made at the end of the first block.
How do we get out our message?
The announcement script is made the day before to ensure accuracy of the information and details of your announcement are clear. In your request for the announcement, please include the exact wording/script you would like the announcer to announce.
- Do not have us read the same exact announcement every day, this will have the listeners tune-out and not listen to the announcements
- Please don’t use this time for clean-up or advising students that they do not have to listen and you continue teaching. These extra minutes are built into this period specifically for these announcements. The announcements that are made are important to our community on campus.
- Be short and to the point, Bullet points are better
- You have difficult words/names phonetic spelling would greatly help the announcer.
- If you want the listener to get further information from you, please don’t forget everyone does not know who you are or where you are. Include your information so they can find you.
- We only have 3 minutes for announcements this year, we will do our best to ensure that everyone’s announcement is read.