Mission and Vision
The HHSME curricular program follows a proven hands-on, real-world, cutting-edge problem-solving approach to learning.
Throughout HHSME, students:
- explore the worlds of architecture & design to appreciate the world in which they live;
- experiment with aerodynamics and biomechanics to understand the world they use; and
- be trained in state-of-the-art manufacturing labs and use industry-leading software to create the world they want.
We also prepare students as they discover the answers to questions like how things are made and what processes go into creating products by helping them:
- learn and apply the design process through hands-on projects; and
- develop strong proficiency in organizational, teamwork, and communication skills.
The Hawthorne High School of Manufacturing and Engineering is a progressive small learning community tasked with creating the next generation workforce. HHSME is committed to developing innovators who lead the design and implementation of practical solutions to meet the ever-changing societal and workforce challenges of today and beyond.