Hawthorne High School Maker Faire
Part science fair, part county fair, and part something entirely new, Maker Faire is an all-ages gathering of tech enthusiasts, crafters, educators, tinkerers, hobbyists, engineers, science clubs, authors, artists, students, and commercial exhibitors. All of these “makers” come to Maker Faire to show what they have made and to share what they have learned.
This community event will feature over 40 exhibits highlighting student innovators and technical organizations that are excited to build a community of Makers – We are looking to include local scientists, engineers, artists, major museums, and local tech companies – who will showcase their work, or provide hands-on activities to make for a unique experiences for Families, adults, teens, and kids.
What is a Maker Faire?
Maker Faire is a gathering of fascinating, curious people who enjoy learning and who love sharing what they can do. From engineers to artists to scientists to crafters, Maker Faire is a venue for these “makers” to show hobbies, experiments, and projects.
We call it the Greatest Show (& Tell) on Earth – a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity, and resourcefulness. Glimpse the future and get inspired!
- Community/ Industry Booths- Show casing current and future projects important to the community. Past examples: Corporate Community Outreach, HR Hiring-Showcasing jobs and needed skills, Construction Companies showcasing current or future construction projects.
- 10-15 Booths
- AeroSpace/Automotive Museums
- 2-3 Booths- Showcasing Their youth outreach programs.
- Student Showcase: Engineering Students showcasing personal Projects and Portfolios
- JROTC: SeaPerch ROV projects
- MESA- Student Projects
- Hawthorne Engineering Robotics
- Hawthorne Engineering Design Classes
- 20-25 Booths
Engineering Labs will have Manufacturing Demonstrations, including: