12th Grade: Seniors
The counseling team is very excited for each and everyone of you as you prepare for the next chapter in your lives once you graduate from Hawthorne High School. In the meantime, it is very important that you pass all your classes, apply for college & financial aid, and meet ALL deadlines! We have uploaded very important information to help guide you through your last year of high school.
Steps to Enrollment for Community College
1. Apply for Admission: File your application for admission online from the comfort of your home or on your smartphone. It's FREE and will take you about 20 minutes to complete.
- El Camino: http://www.elcamino.edu/apply/
- Santa Monica College: http://www.smc.edu/EnrollmentDevelopment/Admissions/Pages/Apply-Online.aspx
- LA Harbor College: https://www.opencccapply.net/uPortal/f/u66l1s1000/normal/render.uP
2. Financial Aid: Need help paying for college? Apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA (https://fafsa.gov) or the California Dream Act Application (https://dream.csac.ca.gov) online.
3. Orientation: Online and in-person orientations are available to familiarize you with the community college of your choice and its resources.
4. Assessment/Testing: Assessment/testing allows counselors to match your current skill level in English and Math to the right classes to ensure your success. Proper placement helps save time and money in meeting your educational goal.
5. Educational Planning: A variety of counseling services are available to assist you in meeting your goals. Complete an Educational Plan by scheduling an appointment with a counselor. Be sure to bring a copy of your placement test scores, any AP Test Scores, and unofficial high school transcript.
6. Register for Classes: Log in to your online account on or after your registration appointment date and time. Before you register, make sure all prerequisites have been met.